Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Sacramento Area’s mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. Our vision is that all youth achieve their full potential. For more information, please visit: www.bbbs-sac.org.
Position Description: The Part-Time Enrollment Specialist, reporting to the Program Director will be involved in all aspect of family and/or volunteer enrollment and match support. This position also requires strong conflict resolution and relationship guidance skills – both between child/adult and two adults. The primary function of this position is to ensure that children are appropriately enrolled, matched and supported while executing a high degree of independent judgment when utilizing BBBS standards and practices. A high-level customer service, focusing on child safety, is to be demonstrated throughout the child enrollment and match support process.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reach out to families that have inquired about enrollment to see if they meet eligibility requirements
- Send out applications if a family and/or volunteer meets requirements and schedule interviews
- Conduct enrollment including: sending out applications depending upon requirements being met, scheduling interviews, conducting in-person child, guardian and/or volunteer interviews, and writing assessments based on all interactions.
- Provide a high-level quality interview skill to get to know each applicant. Candidate must exhibit a strong ability to ask second level questions.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information. Exhibit confidence and expertise to make a professional decision on acceptance of the child based on the interview process and any reports obtained.
- Help in facilitation of Match Introductions between new matches
- Provide ongoing support throughout match life: problem solve; ideas for activities; safety check; goal development; etc. to establish rapport between the match and the agency in accordance to BBBS Standards, at a minimum. More frequent contact may be required based on the needs of each match.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up and closure for all matches within caseload
- Complete all Surveys due and effectively utilize surveys to assess match impact on youth growth
- Work closely with the development team to share important information to assist with revenue growth and stewardship of supporters
- Share potential partnership relationships as discovered through contacts with volunteers and parent
Assist other staff with general office staffing and office duties, such as answering phone calls, receiving visitors, and other duties as assigned by the Program Director and CEO.
- A Bachelor’s Degree mandatory, preferred with an emphasis in social services or related field.
- Experience communicating professionally with public in person and via telephone, colleagues, community partners, consumers, and all levels of management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to be diplomatic and handle a variety of complex relationship issues.
- Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions
- Ability to relate well with a variety multicultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations
- Organizational and project/time management skills – ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and assignments effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
- Candidate must also be willing to undergo a background check.
This position is non-exempt, part-time. Occasional nights and weekends required.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Sacramento Area is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Part-time